Thursday, May 22, 2008
1 MILE DEVOTIONAL WALK: MAY 31, 2008 - 7 AM
This may appear to be "last minute" but we are thrilled to get the approval to go ahead with this informal "first shot" at manifesting this "One For Mary" vision. Here's the flyer which will be inserted in the 500+ race bags for the runners of the upcoming 14th Annual St. Joseph School Jubilee Jog 5 K run scheduled for this coming Monday - Memorial Day - May 26, 2008:
Click image to enlarge.
The flyer has bag-access through a race donation in the name of the St. Joseph Parish Men's Rosary League and reads:
Friends of The Blessed Virgin Mary
Invite you to join them on a
ONE MILE DEVOTIONAL WALK
honoring our Blessed Mother on the feast of the Visitation
Saturday morning – May 31, 2008 7:00 am in
Mallincrodt Park (parking lot)
Editor's Note: It's interesting and very appropriate that Saturday May 31st is also the day the we are called to pray the Five Joyful Mysteries which include the Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth:
1. Mary's cousin Elizabeth conceived a son in her old age . . . for nothing is impossible with God.
2. Charity prompts Mary to hasten to visit Elizabeth in the hour of her need.
3. The journey to Elizabeth's home is about eighty miles requiring four or five days.
4. Though long and arduous, the journey is joyous, for Mary bears with her the Incarnate Word.
5. At Mary's salutation, John the Baptist is sanctified in his mother's womb.
6. Elizabeth exclaims: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."
7. "How have I deserved that the mother of my Lord should come to me?"
8. "Blessed is she who believed that the Lord's words to her would be fulfilled."
9. Mary replies: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, and my spirit finds joy in God my Savior."
10. Mary serves her cousin in all humility for three months until the birth of John the Baptist.
PS. Special thanks to Tom Considine et. al. with the St. Joseph Mens Rosary League for their support in receiving and sharing this vision.